- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Products may be subject to back order.
- All prices are subject to applicable taxes.
- Current Smooth-On supply chain issues are impacting stock and pricing.
- Seasonal weather events and other disruptions may occur and cause delays for inbound and outbound shipments. We are not responsible for shipping delays due to weather and roads being closed.
Free Form™ Habitat™ Black Epoxy Putty is a mix-by-hand putty that is used to create textured or highly detailed display pieces. Habitat™ Black is solvent-free and contains no VOC’s. Working time is 60 minutes and cure time is 16 hours at room temperature (73°F/23°C). Epoxy cures to a very hard, heat resistant material that is easily painted.
Use with Habitat™ Black Folding Powder – fold powder into epoxy putty to thicken and reduce sag when applied to a vertical surface. Folding Powder also reduces stickiness and makes the epoxy more handle-able.
Habitat™ Black is suitable for interior and exterior use. It is certified ‘aquarium safe’ and used by aquariums to create hyper-realistic coral and other aquarium displays. Habitat™ Black is also used for general sculpting and theming applications.
Once putty is applied, it can be stamped with a silicone rubber stamp to create repeating patterns with intricate detail over a large surface area. Surface can be smoothed with alcohol or water. New Habitat™ Black will bond to cured Habitat™ Black without delamination. Habitat™ Black will not melt foam, and can be used as an EPS foam coating.
Free Form™ Habitat™ Black is also an excellent repair cement and bonds permanently to itself, PVC, Plexiglas™ (acrylic), wood, many metals, plastics and foams.
**Images may not be representative of actual product packaging, etc.