- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Products may be subject to back order.
- All prices are subject to applicable taxes.
- Seasonal weather events and other disruptions may occur and cause delays for inbound and outbound shipments. We are not responsible for shipping delays due to weather and roads being closed.
Free Form™AIR is an extremely lightweight epoxy putty suitable for an infinite variety of industrial and art-related applications. This is a low-odor, low shrinkage putty that is unique, inexpensive and easy to use. Free Form™AIR is mixed by hand with a 1A:1B by volume mix ratio. It offers a long working time and cures overnight at room temperature to a hard, rigid epoxy that is very strong. Cured Free Form™AIR is so lightweight, it will float in water. It can be sanded, shaped, and drilled. It will readily accept any paint. Free Form can also be color pigmented with UVO™ or Ignite™ colorants.
After mixing, Free Form™AIR can be pressed into a mold to make a lightweight, detailed casting. It will hold vertical surfaces and can be applied to almost any surface including polystyrene foam for rough sculpting. Free Form™AIR putty can also be used to make rigid support shells or mother molds.
Epoxy Laminating: Laminate Free Form™AIR putty in between layers of EpoxAmite™ Laminating Epoxy and fiberglass cloth, carbon or other fiber for making lightweight composite parts. Eliminates the need to make multiple layers of laminating with liquid epoxy; saves time and labor. Epoxy Tooling Applications – use as a filleting material. Also good for jig and fixture construction.
Used as a lightweight adhesive, Free Form™AIR will bond to itself and a variety of surfaces including wood, stone and EpoxAcoat™ surface coat epoxy. Free Form™AIR will even cure under water.
Pot Life/Working Time: this material is mass sensitive. The more material you mix at one time, the less time you have to work with it. Working tip; If mixing a large quantity, flatten putty with a rolling pin to reduce mass concentration and extend pot life.
- Thickness; 1.5 inch (3.81 cm) – pot life is 30 minutes, handling time is 2.5 hours, full cure in 24 hours.
- Thickness; 3/8” (0.95 cm) – pot life is 60 minutes, handling time is 4 hours, full cure in 24 hours.
- Thickness; 1/8” (0.32 cm) - pot life is 120 minutes; handling time is 8 hours, full cure in 24 hours.
**Images may not be representative of actual product packaging, etc.