Cryptolyte UV Glow Additive for Urethanes and Silicones
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Products may be subject to back order.
- All prices are subject to applicable taxes.
- Current Smooth-On supply chain issues are impacting stock and pricing.
- Seasonal weather events and other disruptions may occur and cause delays for inbound and outbound shipments. We are not responsible for shipping delays due to weather and roads being closed.
Cryptolyte UV Glow Additive for Urethanes and Silicones Cryptolyte® is a translucent liquid additive that causes cured Smooth-On silicone rubbers, urethane rubbers, plastics or foams to glow a bright blue under a focused ultra violet light source (blacklight). You will not see the glow effect without an UV light source. When mixed at low percentages it will not affect clarity or color of material. For example, Cryptolyte® can be added to Crystal Clear® water clear resins and the glow effect will not be evident until the casting is illuminated by a UV light source. Important: Best ¢‚¬Å“glow¢‚¬ effect is realized when Cryptolyte® is added to clear (i.e. Sorta Clear silicone or Clear Flex urethane rubber) or translucent materials (i.e. Smooth-Cast 325 resin).
Applications include special effects, Halloween mask and prop making, theme displays and security (you can make parts that are virtually undetectable in normal light but glow under UV black lighting).‚ Warning: This product is flammable.‚ Exercise extreme caution and follow safety protocol for handling flammable liquids. Refer to MSDS for further safety information.
**Images may not be representative of actual product packaging, etc.